Friday 9 December 2016

East Riddlesden to Shipley (July 2016)






We walked this stretch in July 2016.  My friend, Julie, joined me and we started from East Riddlesden, near East Riddlesden Hall (a National Trust property) and walked approximately six miles to Shipley.




Bingley Five Rise Locks



Bingley Three Rise Locks


This is my second purpose walk when I decided that I will walk the whole of the Leeds and Liverpool canal.  The weather was mixed but on the whole enjoyable.  We passed Crossflatts, took a comfort break at the Five Rise Locks Cafe in Bingley and passed Dowley Gap Two Rise Locks and Aqueduct,.  We walked through Hirst Wood to reach Saltaire (a village with World Heritage Site Status) and finished at Shipley Wharf.  At Shipley we caught our bus back to Leeds.









Saltaire, UNESCO World Heritage Site


After checking this Leeds Liverpool Canal site, I am even more inspired to walk the whole of the Leeds and Liverpool Canal.  It will take me a long time and probably a lot of stages however with support from Dad and my friend, Julie, IT WILL BE DONE!



Photos are from my first purpose walk (Saltaire to Bingley Five Rise Locks - July 2016) as well as my second one.  On the road canal to Liverpool!








No comments:

Post a Comment