Saturday 10 December 2016

Silsden to Riddlesden (August 2016)

Silsden


I had to take two buses to reach Silsden (I just missed my connecting bus at Keighley Bus Station so I had to wait a long time for the next one) and on my arrival I embarked on the canal.




I walked approximately five to six miles to Riddlesden.  The stretch was mainly through the Airedale countryside and there are no locks and just a handful of swing bridges.  It was a pleasant idyllic walk through the valley and subsequently reached suburbia Riddlesden.





At Riddlesden I decided to walk a further two miles or so to the Five Rise Locks Cafe for a comfort stop.  I spent some time at the cafe to take stock of my canal walking progress and also I bought some canal memorabilia including a Leeds and Liverpool Canal Map - an aid for our pursuit to walk the whole stretch of England's longest canal.


A pleasure walking through the Airedale Countryside 

From Bingley I caught the bus back to Leeds. I decided then that I'll return to Silsden the following day and continue walking on the canal towards Skipton...fingers crossed for another nice day!




No comments:

Post a Comment